Windows 7 is still going strong, but just like how one is unable to stop the wheels of progress, Windows 8 that is in the works will be making its way to the mass market in due time. Having said that, Samsung wants to be one of the first few to ride the Windows 8 wave with word that they will be rolling out their bunch of tablet devices running on what else, but Windows 8, sometime in the second half of 2012. I guess Samsung is now hedging their bets just like HTC, delivering hardware for both Windows and Android platforms, albeit in a tablet form factor.
Uhm Kyu Ho, Samsung’s head of sales and marketing, did make special mention that one of Samsung’s first Windows 8 tablets could very well end up being a slightly different model of the current Series 7 computer, where said piece of hardware sports a touchscreen display in addition to a a wireless keyboard. Makes perfect sense after all, why bother to reinvent the wheel? You might as well take something that you already have and improve on it.
Just a note – Microsoft debuted its Windows 8 platform in September earlier this year, where it worked on a non-branded Samsung tablet. I guess the final Samsung release would be something akin to that in one way or another.
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Crystal Collection To Launch In May
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy Beam 2 Officially Launched In China
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Patent Could Hint At Galaxy Note 4's Design [Rumor]
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Outsold The iPhone 5s In Its Opening Weekend
- 2014-04-24 Samsung To Launch Gear App Challenge On May 8th
- 2013-06-20 Samsung ATIV Tab 3: Super-Thin Windows 8 Tablet
- 2012-10-15 Samsung Series 5 and 7 Notebooks hands-on!
- 2012-10-04 AT&T announces Asus VivoTab RT, Samsung ATIV Windows 8 tablets in time for 2012 holiday season
- 2012-08-29 Samsung Series 5 and Series 7 Slate PCs, hands-on!
- 2012-08-29 Samsung Series 5 Ultra laptop, hands-on