Great news for SkyDrive users – Microsoft’s cloud storage service will be receiving significant updates today. According to the folks in charge, they listened to the feedback they received about the service and made a lot of changes to address the issues that have been brought up. One of the major changes to SkyDrive is that the service will now be “app-centric”. Sharing from within the Word Web App will require less steps and can be easily shared with other people even if they’re not on the Windows Live network.
Another feature is an improved file management system. A number of file management tasks performed are now “instant”, right-click functionality is available for documents and photos, and a faster and easier way to create new Office documents. Drag and drop uploading is also possible on browsers that support HTML5, and you no longer have to wait for your uploads to complete before moving on to something else.
There are a lot more improvements which you can read about at the source link below. The updated SkyDrive should be rolling out within a few hours, so have patience if it takes a while to reach you. Let us know what you think of it once you get it.
Next Story: RIM announces BlackBerry Mobile Fusion
- 2014-04-11: Microsoft Research Shows Off Interactive Live Tiles
- 2014-04-08: Microsoft Seeks To Flood China With Cheap Windows Tablets [Rumor]
- 2014-04-08: Windows 8.1 Update 1 Available For Download
- 2014-04-07: Windows 8.1 Update Compulsory For Windows 8.1 Users
- 2014-02-10: OneDrive Launch To Entice Users With Free Storage
- 2014-01-27: Microsoft Introduces OneDrive As A SkyDrive Rebrand
- 2013-12-22: Microsoft's Early Christmas Present: 20GB Of Free SkyDrive Storage For WP users
- 2013-11-25: Microsoft Might Rename SkyDrive To 'NewDrive'
- 2013-11-21: SkyDrive For iOS Updated With Automatic Photo Uploads
- 2013-05-27: Microsoft Giving 3GB Bonus SkyDrive Storage To Students