A few months ago Sony Ericsson put up an official website for Sony Ericsson users to unlock their Android phones. All they had to do was visit it, follow the instructions online and they could easily unlock their devices without worrying complicated process and methods from third party sources. Well now Sony Ericsson has updated the website with a few new changes. The biggest one being a feature to check whether your phone is unlockable before you attempt the unlocking process.
As most of you should know, the unlocking process is only available for Sony Ericsson Xperia phones that were released this year (2011), aren’t SIM-locked or customized by any carrier (for those phones you’ll need to rely on an unofficial method). But for those of you who don’t know the history of your phone i.e. it was given to you or a secondhand device – this checking feature should come in handy.
Next Story: Max Payne 3 design and technology videos debut
- 2013-03-01 Sony Ericsson Windows Phone Jolie Prototype Arrives On eBay
- 2012-07-13 Sony to maintain Sony Ericsson logo for a while more?
- 2012-06-04 Sony Ericsson "Julie" Windows Phone prototype spotted in video
- 2012-03-09 Sony Ericsson Windows Phone prototype up for grabs on eBay
- 2012-02-23 Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM available for Sony Xperia phones
- 2011-12-15 Sony Ericsson 50GB Box cloud promo now live
- 2011-12-14 Sony Ericsson to unveil new Xperia phones at CES 2012
- 2011-12-05 Sony Ericsson Nozomi and two new Xperia handsets leaked in renders?
- 2011-04-13 Sony Ericsson bootloader unlocker launched