Last week there were reports of an upgraded Sony Ericsson Xperia arc in the works called the Xperia arc HD. Well, now it looks like some photographs of the phone have managed to find their way online. The phone, which is rumored to be the previously leaked Nozomi, is said to pack an HD display (720p) which is evident by how sharp the text and icons look on the screen in the photographs.
While the Xperia arc HD should be able to run Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, the phone spotted in the photographs was running Android 2.3.5, which means that the phone might be shipping with Gingerbread and only upgraded later. We still have no official word from Sony Ericsson about the phone’s release but it’s expected to make an appearance at the MWC, February next year. Stay tuned for more details.
Next Story: Panorama mode discovered in iOS 5
- 2013-03-01: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone Jolie Prototype Arrives On eBay
- 2012-07-13: Sony to maintain Sony Ericsson logo for a while more?
- 2012-06-04: Sony Ericsson "Julie" Windows Phone prototype spotted in video
- 2012-03-09: Sony Ericsson Windows Phone prototype up for grabs on eBay
- 2012-02-23: Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM available for Sony Xperia phones
- 2012-01-06: Sony Ericsson Nozomi leaked ahead of CES
- 2011-12-23: Xperia PLAY gets Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2011-12-06: Sony Ericsson Xperia arc and Xperia neo to receive Ice Cream Sandwich very soon?
- 2011-11-03: Sony Ericsson Xperia arc HD in the works?