Spotify has got some good news just in time for Thanksgiving. The online music streaming service has announced that it now has 2.5 million paying subscribers. While the company didn’t provide many details about its subscribers (i.e. country breakdown, how long it took for them to reach, or how many free users they had), it’s a pretty impressive feat especially in this day and age where people can easily get music for free – Spotify has done pretty well for itself.
The introduction of Facebook integration with its US launch probably played an important role in helping the company ramp up subscribers and it’ll be interesting to see how much more it can grow from here. Spotify will be holding a press event on November 30th to discuss what’s next for the company. How many of you currently pay for Spotify and what do you think of its services so far?
Next Story: Kobo Touch introduced
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-03-27: Spotify IPO Expected This Fall
- 2014-03-25: Spotify Premium Is Now 50% Cheaper For US College Students
- 2014-03-24: Nokia MixRadio First Global Music Streaming Service To Launch In China
- 2014-03-23: Apple Spotify Rival Release Possible [Report]