While other companies decide that 11.11.11 is an auspicious date, I guess the suits over at Sprint think otherwise. In fact, they decided that today will be the day when SIM locks will start to be placed on iPhone 4S models sold from today onwards, at least according to the folk over at SprintFeed. To date, iPhone 4S handsets that were purchased under the Sprint banner would arrive with their micro-SIM slot unlocked, and fair warning was given to users that those slots will be locked in a future update after shipping. Once the slot is locked, only customers who are in the good books of Sprint (prompt payment is one of the criteria I believe) can ask for an unlock.
It seems that this is going to change from today onwards, where all iPhone 4S models from Sprint will be locked upon activation, and the entire process remains invisible to the customer. Will this affect your decision to pick up an iPhone 4S from Sprint, or it does not bother you one bit?
Next Story: New Rover to attack Mars this November
- 2014-04-22 Sprint Working To Make Their Phones SIM Unlockable In 2015
- 2014-04-17 Sprint Removes Mention Of Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update For The Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14 Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13 Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-04-11 Sprint Announces WeGo Phone For Kids
- 2011-11-28 iPhone 4S unlock in the works?
- 2011-11-18 iOS 5 bug unlocks AT&T iPhone 4S sans jailbreak
- 2011-11-16 AT&T customers remain loyal despite competition
- 2011-11-09 AT&T has the most iPhone 4S subscribers in the US?
- 2011-10-13 Sprint to unlock iPhone 4S for a limited time only