It’s no surprise that the 3G speeds on Sprint’s network took a dive when the iPhone 4S hit the stores. When we last wrote about the issue, Sprint didn’t seem to think it was a big problem, with a spokesperson quoted as saying: “Overall, iPhone performance on the Sprint network is consistent with our expectations and the rest of our high-end portfolio.”
Well, according to the latest reports from CNET, it looks like they finally realized the magnitude of the problem – however, it appears that they still don’t know what’s wrong or how they can fix it. Fared Adib, head of product development for Sprint said in an interview today, “We’re taking the reports of problems from a small number of customers seriously… There’s nothing of significance to report yet.”
The iPhone 4S speed issue is a top topic on the Sprint support message board with over 1,200 responses and 235,000 views to date, and it doesn’t look like it’s going to get any quieter if Sprint doesn’t resolve the issue. It’s also interesting to note that it’s not only the iPhone 4S users who are suffering from the slow 3G connection. Android users have also been reporting a slow down on their devices since the iPhone 4S was launched.
Could the problem just be due to an over-congested network? We can’t say for sure, and until Sprint has “something of significance” to report; we can only speculate and wait for an answer. How many of you have been affected by this recent 3G slowdown on Sprint’s network?
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2011-10-20: Sprint 3G network post-iPhone launch reported to be terrible
- 2011-10-14: iPhones bring "best ever day of sales for a device family" on Sprint
- 2011-10-12: Sprint does not do unlocked microSIM iPhone 4S
- 2011-09-06: Sprint installing cellular repeaters in Apple Stores for the iPhone 5?
- 2011-05-13: Next iPhone to be called the iPhone 4S?