One of the perks of living in Japan is that you get access to a lot of pretty cool stuff. This ranges from early video game releases, special editions and whatnot. Of course given that some of the biggest names in gaming are from Japan (Sony, Nintendo, Square Enix just to name a few) it is a bit of a given. Now it appears that one more perk has arrived for our friends in Japan in the form of the Square Enix Market.
As the name implies, the Square Enix Market is an Android app store that will be launched and will feature games such as Final Fantasy, Chaos Ring, Crystal Defenders, Dragon Quest Monsters Most Wanted! and with Chrono Trigger expecting to make a debut in the future.
The Square Enix Market will be launched in Japan come 1st of December and will be exclusive to KDDI customers for an initial period of time, after which the market will then open up to NTT DoCoMo and Softbank customers. There’s no word as to whether Square Enix has plans to do something similar for Android customers in other parts of the world although if it were to succeed in Japan, we don’t see why an international launch of the Square Enix Market will be out of the question.RELATED
- Razer Kazuyo iPhone Gamepad Leaked
- MiniShock Are Detailed DualShock 2 Controller Smartphone Straps
- Double Dragon Trilogy Arrives On iOS And Android Platforms
- Infinity Blade 3 Honors Thanksgiving With Special Turkey Helm
- Xbox One SmartGlass App Now Available On iOS, Android
- Follow: Android, apps, games, japan, kddi,
- Seen at: thesixthaxis