In case you weren’t aware, Super Mario 3D Land was launched over the weekend in the US and to commemorate the occasion, Nintendo held a special event in New York’s Times Square. The creators of Mario transformed the venue into a real life level based on Super Mario 3D Land. Fans of the game got to queue up to run and leap around the life sized level, jump on platforms, slide through pipes, and of course – don their Super Mario costumes in public without being stared looked at weirdly.
For the less adventurous, there were demonstration booths set up for people to test out Super Mario 3D Land on the 3DS before they purchased the game. Head to the source link to check out more photographs and video footage of the event to see some folks having fun in this Super Mario level recreation.
- 2014-04-09: Nintendo Confirms New Mario Game In The Works
- 2014-03-31: Study: Playing Video Games Might Improve Map Reading Ability
- 2014-02-18: Mario Makes Its Way Onto Officially Licensed Golf Caddie Bags
- 2014-02-06: Mario To Make His Way Into A McDonald's Happy Meal
- 2013-11-19: Play Super Mario Bros With Google Glass
- 2013-11-13: Luigi Bros. Is Unlockable In Super Mario 3D World
- 2013-10-22: Super Mario 3D World Trailer Features Its Fair Share Of Cat Costumes
- 2011-02-01: Mario confirmed for Nintendo 3DS