It seems that the fact that T-Mobile is the only major carrier out of the four to not carry the iPhone 4S is proving to be rather disastrous for the company. The carrier is reporting that a future where they experience an increasing number of defects from customers could be imminent, as customers switch from T-Mobile to another carrier that carries the iPhone.
When the first iPhone was announced, it was given to AT&T as an exclusive. It was a privilege that AT&T enjoyed with the iPhone 3G and the iPhone 3GS, and for a while it enjoyed that exclusivity with the iPhone 4 until Apple created a CDMA version for Verizon. With the launch of the iPhone 4S, not only did AT&T and Verizon both get it, but so did Sprint, leaving T-Mobile the only major carrier not to carry the iPhone 4S.
According to T-Mobile, they only managed to add 126,000 customers this quarter, which is a drop from the 137,000 customers they managed to add last year in the same quarter. We know that T-Mobile’s supposed strategy was to advise customers on some of their Android handsets should they come around asking for the iPhone 4S, but evidently that strategy does not appear to be paying out for them. It seems like T-Mobile really needs the AT&T merger about now.
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-14 T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14 T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13 Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2013-02-03 iPhone 4S Spontaneously Combusts, Claims Woman, Apple Turns A Blind Eye
- 2013-01-15 iPhone 5S To Begin Production In March; Launching In June/July [Rumor]
- 2012-12-06 T-Mobile And Apple Agreement Signed, New Products Coming In 2013
- 2011-10-21 T-Mobile explains the lack of iPhone on its network
- 2011-05-13 Next iPhone to be called the iPhone 4S?