Are you looking for a basic Android phone that is good enough for your everyday calls, text messages and surfing the occasional webpage? Well, you might be in luck as the upcoming Black Friday looms – after all, this is one day where you can expect fantastic marked down prices for consumer electronics, which is certainly a welcome breath of fresh air with austerity measures being taken at nearly everywhere you look? A leaked copy of Target’s Black Friday flyer did not reveal too many smartphones to choose from, although one offer did catch our eye. If you don’t mind rocking to Virgin Mobile as your carrier, then the LG Optimus V can be yours for $49 a pop – and you need not even sign a contract to begin with. This particular deal will begin on Thanksgiving at midnight.
Just to make sure you know what your $49 is going to net you, we are looking at a 3.2″ display that is powered by a 600MHz processor, in addition to running on the Android 2.2 Froyo operating system. Makes me wonder why they could not have it come with Android 2.3 Gingerbread since that is the ascendant version at the moment. At the back lies a 3.2-megapixel camera alongside a pre-loaded Swype keyboard to make it easier to get your message across on the virtual QWERTY keyboard.
Next Story: iTree dock burns a huge hole in your pocket
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'