Looking forward to getting your hands on the new Motorola Xooms? Well according to PocketNow, it looks like Motorola will be taking a page out of Samsung’s naming schemes and will rebrand the Xoom 2 and Xoom 2 Media Edition on Verizon’s network as the Droid Xyboard 10.1 and the Droid Xyboard 8.2 respectively. We’re not sure why Verizon has decided to go with the rebranding, but it seems that they have already acquired trademark protection on the “Xyboard” name last month.
Not to worry though, apart from the renaming the tablets appear to be exactly the same as Motorola had intended, with both tablets featuring dual-core 1.2GHz TI processors, 1GB of RAM, 16GB internal storage with a 5MP/1.3MP rear/front-facing camera and will run on Android’s Honeycomb 3.2. The main difference in either tablet would be the display size and battery life, with the Xoom 2 sporting a 10.1” display and a reported 10 hours worth of battery life, and with the Xoom 2 Media Edition featuring a 8.2” display with 6 hours worth of battery life.
As we had reported previously, both these tablets are expected to make their way into the UK and Ireland first. No word on when they will be arriving stateside, but if and when they do, expect them to be rebranded as the Droid Xyboard 10.1 and Droid Xyboard 8.2 on Verizon’s network.
Next Story: Jukusui-kun pillow helps put an end to snoring
- 2014-04-18: Verizon HTC One M8 Software Update Arriving Soon
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2011-12-06: Motorola DROID XYBOARD and white DROID RAZR announced
- 2011-11-22: Motorola Xyboard Android tablet arriving on December 8th?
- 2011-10-28: Motorola Xoom 2 appears in Verizon's system
- 2011-04-08: 16GB Motorola Xoom on its way?
- 2011-02-24: Motorola Xoom Honeycomb tablet available today