Earlier at CES this year, VIZIO announced that they had plans to release an Android tablet and an Android smartphone. The tablet has been released but there’s still no sign of the phone, at least until now where it has been spotted at the FCC.
The VIZIO VIA Android smartphone has been pictured at the FCC sporting its trademark V logo, as pictured above. In terms of specs, based on what we do know and what has been revealed in the teardown, the VIZIO VIA appears to sport a 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor under the hood with 1GB of Samsung’s SDRAM, Sandisk Flash Memory, a 4” 280×854 display, a 5MP rear-facing camera, a VGA front-facing camera and it appears to be loaded up with Android’s Froyo 2.2.
No word on when VIZIO plans to release the VIA, if at all. These specs are arguably decent, and would make a decent low-mid ranged Android device. However the inclusion of Froyo 2.2 makes it seem rather outdated. Hopefully VIZIO will change that to at least Gingerbread 2.3 if and when the company decides to release it.RELATED
- Android 4.3 For T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 Released
- Microsoft Store 12 Days Of Deals List Leaks Online
- Samsung Reportedly Expects To Sell 330 Million Smartphone Units Next Year
- Nokia BH-121 Bluetooth Stereo Headset Announced
- Motorola Releases Active Display Update To Fix Lock Screen Lag Bug
- Follow: FCC, froyo, via, vizio,
- Seen at: wirelessgoodness