Remember the “big, big” surprise that we were promised by Microsoft last week? Well, if you were at New York City’s Herald Square today, you would have seen it. But for the rest of us who can’t see it in person, Microsoft revealed it today on its official Windows Phone blog. Standing right smack in the middle of Herald Square is a six-story Windows Phone which was constructed to commemorate the launch of four new WP devices – the Samsung Focus S, Focus Flash, HTC Radar 4G, and HTC Titan.
The giant phone will feature 8 hours of live performance and digital entertainment projected on giant LED screens. In fact, the whole contraption will behave like a Windows Phone – Live Tiles updating, Games, Music + Video, and People in their respective hubs. Unfortunately you won’t be able to touch the screens to control the phone. No word on how long this giant phone will be up, but do check it out before it’s gone.
Check out a time lapse video of the giant phone being constructed:RELATED
- MiniShock Are Detailed DualShock 2 Controller Smartphone Straps
- HTC Offering HTC One For $25 Monthly
- Twitter Has New Targeted Advertising Which Learns From Your Browsing History
- Verizon 4G LTE Network Connectivity Improved In Selected Areas
- Android 4.4.1 Update For Nexus 4 And Nexus 7 Now Available
- Follow: Microsoft, nyc, windows phone, windows phone 7, wp, wp7,
- Seen at: windowsteamblog