If you’ve recently changed from Windows to a Mac computer, you’ll probably have trouble locating alternatives to some of the apps you’ve been using all this while. Sure, there are a lot of apps that are available on both platforms, but some of them cost money and you don’t want to pay for them twice. What do you do then? You can choose to install Windows on your Mac and run a dual-boot configuration (though it’s troublesome to remember you have to boot into Windows just to run that app and it defeats the purpose of using a Mac in the first place) or you could run the Windows app in a virtual environment on Mac OS and WinOnX falls into the latter category.
All you have to do is install WinOnX on your Mac, locate the setup file for the Windows app, install it, and you’re good to go. You can run your Windows apps on your Mac just like that. WinOnX is said to work with thousands of Windows apps, and it’s practically effortless to setup. The app is available now from the Mac App Store with a price tag of $4.99. Find out more or watch the video demonstration:
Next Story: JBL OnBeat Xtreme speaker dock available now
- 2014-04-18: WhatsApp Beta For Windows Phone Reportedly Blocking SD Card Installation
- 2014-04-17: Hitman GO Now Available In iTunes App Store
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2011-12-12: Apple Mac App Store hits 100 million downloads
- 2011-05-18: Parallels Transporter makes moving from Windows to Mac a breeze
- 2011-02-28: New Trojan infects Mac OS X and Windows
- 2009-11-12: Windows 7 Took Some Hints From MacOS?
- 2010-08-27: Triple boot your Mac machine