Remember earlier this month when it was reported that Microsoft registered two domain names related to Kinect Accelerator? Well, we’ve finally discovered what Microsoft wanted the domain names for. Microsoft has just announced the Kinect Accelerator: a program where Microsoft will be supporting entrepreneurs, engineers and innovators who are interested in using the Kinect to bring to life their business ideas.
The Kinect Accelerator will be “powered by TechStars”, a mentor-driven methodology program that will consist of ten startups, three months of guidance (technical training and support, mentorship from entrepreneurs, investors and Microsoft executives), and a chance to showcase their creations at an Investor Demo Day to angel investors, venture capitalists, Microsoft executives, media and industry influentials. Oh, and let’s not forget the $20,000, Xbox development kit, the Windows Kinect SDK, and office space.
So basically if you have an idea or use for the Kinect that you think deserves a spot in the Kinect Accelerator program, head over to the Kinect Accelerator website to find out more.RELATED
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- R2-D2 With Built-In Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 Now Available For $800
- Sony EyePad Patent Filed
- Angry Birds Cartoon Series Coming In Spring, Says Rovio
- Wedding Entertainment System - wedding invitation like a boss!
- Follow: kinect, Microsoft, xbox,
- Seen at: technologyreview