You know what they say – a picture speaks a thousand words, and sometimes, when you are looking for a particular recipe, you might see it in words, but having a photo that shows off what you’re about to eat is so much easier. Well, Yahoo decided to tinker around with their search engine, where it will create a new ribbon located near the top results with photos as well as interactive elements concerning queries of recipes and shopping. Imagine keying in “turkey recipe” – that would net you a selection of recipes complete with photos, letting you scroll through the more traditional links that will show up. Yahoo hopes that this new method of presentation will allow users to make use of the information generated in a quicker manner.
“Answers and not links” is the new mantra with this search engine tweak, and you can even filter through the results by ingredients. Heck, if you want to head off to a new recipe search page, that can also be done, letting you refine your query by a greater margin to iron out all the nitty gritty for a specific type of diet and what not. Currently, the new search elements apply only to those living Stateside – although Yahoo has plans to release this new feature elsewhere in due time.
Next Story: Contact lens smart enough to deliver medication
- 2014-04-16: Yahoo Wants To Become iOS' Default Search
- 2014-04-15: Yahoo And Vevo Partner Up For Original Music Programming
- 2014-04-07: Yahoo Planning To Acquire High-End Original Programming [Report]
- 2014-04-02: Yahoo Works On Encrypting Their Services
- 2014-04-01: Yahoo's Charge Against YouTube May Be Fuelled By $300 Million Acquisition
- 2012-01-11: Microsoft Bing overtakes Yahoo in search engine wars
- 2011-08-10: Yahoo benefits from Google losses in July US search market share
- 2009-05-28: Yahoo CEO Carol Bartz to Steve Ballmer "Forget it, Won't help"
- 2010-02-09: Yahoo Checking Out Search By SMS Feature
- 2010-03-08: T-Mobile Ends Search Deal With Yahoo In Favor Of Google