I think we have found a brand new multitasking champion where smartphones are concerned – this particular model from ZTE sports TD-LTE, TD-SCDMA, GSM and dual SIM support, where it is currently on parade at China Mobile’s booth at Mobile Asia Congress. Running on a MediaTek chipset that juggles all those frequencies, it might be a decent world phone, although considering how China Mobile runs only on TD-SCDMA technology, chances are this ZTE smartphone will not be making its way beyond the borders of China in the immediate or far off future.
Other hardware specifications include Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread, a 800MHz processor, 1GB RAM, a 4.1″ LCD display at 854 x 480 resolution, a 5-megapixel camera at the back and a VGA front-facing camera for video calls with a 1,100mAh battery. No idea on how much this will cost in China when released though – what do you speculate?
Next Story: Dogs and cats get to Angry Birds
- 2014-04-14: ZTE Star 1 Box Spotted
- 2014-04-08: ZTE Apollo Could Be 64-Bit Android Smartphone
- 2014-03-28: ZTE Grand S II To Get 4GB RAM (Rumor)
- 2014-03-25: ZTE Nubia X6 Announced In China
- 2014-03-17: ZTE And The9 Ready To Roll Out Fun Box Console In China
- 2013-03-29: Sprint And Softbank Promise Not To Use Chinese Equipment, Will Replace Huawei Products In Clearwire's Portfolio
- 2012-07-23: ZTE N880E - now with Jelly Bean
- 2012-01-17: ZTE wants in on China, US markets
- 2011-11-08: Apple might give China Mobile's TD-SCDMA iPhone a pass
- 2011-08-18: Apple to introduce China Mobile iPhone?