The Ultrabook market is slowly but surely picking itself up, as different manufacturers step up to the plate to ensure that they too, will have an Ultrabook ready to meet the demand in due time. Acer decided to lump the Ultrabook under the Aspire name, where a slightly redesigned Acer Aspire Ultrabook is said to roll out sometime early next year – with an April 2012 date being quoted. It will be launched with a new platform from Intel then, and an April release clearly means it will beat estimates that Ivy Bridge Ultrabooks will appear only after June next year.
According to Acer Middle East country manager Grigory Nizovsky, “Acer… plans to launch the second generation of Aspire S3 early next year that is expected to help double its sales. I think in April next year we are having a new slightly redesigned version of S3 with slight adjustment in outlook.” Are you one of those who would want to tote around an Ultrabook instead of a tablet to get your work done on the go?
Next Story: Motorola Lapdock drops to a reasonable price
- 2014-04-10: Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30: Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27: Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-12: Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing
- 2012-03-13: Acer Aspire Timeline Ultra M3-581TG up for sale early
- 2012-03-06: Acer Aspire Timeline Ultra M3 Ultrabook debuted at CeBIT
- 2011-10-10: Acer Aspire S3 available 16th October for $900
- 2011-09-02: Acer Aspire S3 [Ultrabook]
- 2011-08-29: Acer Aspire 3951 Ultrabook spotted