A few days ago we wrote about the Acer Iconia Tab A200 being leaked through a promo video, well now it looks like Acer has officially announced the tablet. The A200 will be an Android tablet powered by NVIDIA’s Tegra 2 dual-core processor. It will pack 1GB of RAM, 8GB/16GB of internal storage, a 10.1″ 1280 x 800 display, and will feature a 3,260mAh battery (400 hours standby, 8 hours of video). The tablet will measure 8.3mm thick and will weigh 720g.
The Acer Iconia Tab A200 will be preloaded with Android Honeycomb, but an update to Android Ice Cream Sandwich is promised to arrive not long after its release. The tablet will feature Acer’s own software i.e. the Acer Ring (which improves multi-tasking), Screenshot (for quickly capturing and sharing what’s onscreen), and Acer Clear.fi (it’s own version of DLNA). The tablet also features a full size USB port and a microSD card slot for external storage. A 2-megapixel front facing camera completes the package.
No word of when it’ll go on sale in the US, but the A200 is said to ship out with Ice Cream Sandwich worldwide in January 2012.RELATED
- Mirror Android Display On Apple TV Using Mirror App
- GTA: San Andreas Android And Windows Phone Release Is Due Next Week
- Zagat Update Brings New Tablet UI And More
- Google Maps iOS And Android Apps Updated With Gmail Integration
- Instagram Direct Messaging Service Announced
- Follow: acer, Android, Tablet,
- Seen at: netbooknews