Acer has attempted to put out several tablets and smartphones in the past, but unfortunately they failed to make any noticeable waves compared to the competition from Samsung, Motorola, LG and HTC, so much so that rumors started spreading that the company would be dropping their touch business group. However Acer has stepped forward to clarify those claims.
According to Acer, they are not disbanding their touch business but instead they are considering reorganizing its operations, although nothing has been finalized yet. Also Acer has stated that whatever changes they plan to make, the company has no plans to give up its tablet PC and smartphone businesses, which is good news for those who might be looking forward to the Acer Allegro Windows Phone or Acer’s Iconia Tab Android offerings.
Next Story: Nokia Lumia 900 render leaked?
- 2014-04-10: Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30: Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27: Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-12: Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing