2012 might be when the world ends according to the ancient Mayans, but that is probably due to them getting tired of counting the Doomsday date, in addition to the fact that they figured out they will not be hanging around civilization for that long. Having said that, there is word going around the Internet that 2012 will see nearly every major Apple product or device receive a redesign, and that could mean an iPad update and a new iPhone, among others.
Gene Munster, an analyst with Piper Jaffray, has reason to believe that a redesigned iPhone 5 might end up in the hands of consumers in the middle of next year. Wait a minute here, a redesigned iPhone 5? Does he mean the ‘iPhone 5′ is actually the current iPhone 4S? Do expect to see NFC (near-field communications) being implemented, alongside the possibility of LTE network support. Good luck with solving the battery life issue if LTE network capability is integrated then. What are some of the changes that you would like to see in Apple devices next year?
- 2014-01-16: Apple FaceTime Invention Boasts Of Face Morphing And Image Matching To Ensure That Video Remains Smooth
- 2014-01-09: iPhone 6 Could Feature 8MP Camera Only
- 2013-12-17: Apple Patents 'Desk-Free' Computer
- 2013-12-11: Apple Awarded Patent For Curved Screens
- 2013-12-08: Apple Spent $60 Million Fighting Samsung In Court