According to a new rumor from Digitimes, their sources have told them that Apple has plans to launch a new series of MacBook Pro laptops that will feature a whopping display resolution of 2880×1800, trumping that of the 27” iMac which only sports a maximum display resolution of 2560×1440. Safe to say that if this were true, the new MacBook Pros by Apple could possibly feature one of the highest resolutions available in its class.
At the moment ultrabook manufacturers such as ASUS and Acer have plans to launch a new series of ultrabooks in 2012 that will feature a display resolution of 1920×1080, a display that beats out other ultrabooks in the market including Apple’s MacBook Air, whose 13” model only goes to a maximum resolution of 1440×900.
The MacBook Pro was recently refreshed with newer Intel processors but we’re sure that a refresh is definitely on Apple’s to-do list for 2012, but will it sport the rumored 2880×1800 resolution that Digitimes’ sources have told them? We guess we will have to wait and find out for ourselves.
Next Story: Xbox 360 turned into an aquarium
- 2014-03-05 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- 2013-11-07 Apple Issues Fix For 13" MacBook Pros' Trackpad And Keyboard Woes
- 2013-11-03 OS X Mavericks Taps MacBook Pro's Ambient Light Sensor To Detect Movement
- 2013-10-30 Apple Announces Fix Incoming For MacBook Pros With Keyboard/Trackpad Issues
- 2013-10-28 Late 2013 MacBook Pros Experiencing Keyboard And Trackpad Freezes
- 2013-04-12 Stolen MacBook Pro Used To Shame Possible Thief In Iran On Tumblr
- 2011-05-16 Byte-dock turns your Macbook Pro into a desktop
- 2010-04-13 Macbook Pro Core i7 is 30% Faster
- 2010-04-13 New Macbook Pro Unboxing (+video)
- 2010-05-25 Boot Camp update for MacBook Pros issued