According to a new rumor from Digitimes, their sources have told them that Apple has plans to launch a new series of MacBook Pro laptops that will feature a whopping display resolution of 2880×1800, trumping that of the 27” iMac which only sports a maximum display resolution of 2560×1440. Safe to say that if this were true, the new MacBook Pros by Apple could possibly feature one of the highest resolutions available in its class.
At the moment ultrabook manufacturers such as ASUS and Acer have plans to launch a new series of ultrabooks in 2012 that will feature a display resolution of 1920×1080, a display that beats out other ultrabooks in the market including Apple’s MacBook Air, whose 13” model only goes to a maximum resolution of 1440×900.
The MacBook Pro was recently refreshed with newer Intel processors but we’re sure that a refresh is definitely on Apple’s to-do list for 2012, but will it sport the rumored 2880×1800 resolution that Digitimes’ sources have told them? We guess we will have to wait and find out for ourselves.RELATED
- Mac Pro Could Be Getting Ready For Production, According To Recent Flextronics Hirings
- iPhone 5S vs iPhone 5 Hardware Compared In New Photos [Rumor]
- Updated Retina MacBook Pro Rumored To Be Delayed Until October
- Analyst: iMacs With Intel Haswell Chips Expected In June/July
- Next-Gen Mac Pro To Be "Really Different"
- Follow: laptop, Macbook Pro,
- Seen at: digitimes