Rumors of Apple’s iTV has started to gain more traction as of late, and the latest piece of rumor seems to suggest that the iTV will not only come in a variety of sizes, but it could also be powered by Apple’s next-gen processor, the A6 chip that is expected to debut on the iPad 3 and iPhone 5 in 2012.
The latest rumor is courtesy of Smarthouse who claims that their sources have told them that Apple’s new TV will be competing against smart TVs from both Samsung and LG, and while they never actually made reference to the A6 processor, they did mention that it would be powered by “new processors”. So unless Apple has a new processor in the work that has managed to stay under the radar all this while, it is more than likely that this could be referring to the A6 processor.
Smarthouse also claims that the iTV will be offered in different sizes that range from as small as 32” all the way up to 55”. This seems to corroborate earlier speculations that Apple may offer the iTV in a variety of sizes to appeal to a variety of customers with different needs. Unfortunately Smarthouse does not have a very reliable track record when it comes to Apple rumors, so we suggest taking this piece of news with a large grain of salt.RELATED
- Apple Reportedly Talking To LG, Sharp, AU Optronics For iTV Display Panels
- Apple Busy Hiring iWatch Designers, Pushing For 2014 Release [Rumor]
- Apple iTV Will Launch This Year With iRing Accessory, According To Analyst
- Apple iWatch May Be Unveiled By The End Of 2013
- Apple executive reportedly denies that the "iTV" will be launching in the near future
- Follow: a6, Apple Inc, itv, televisions,
- Seen at: macrumors