Some time back in November, we reported that ASUS’s Padfone was spotted on GLBenchmarks with a Qualcomm MSM8960 processor. As it turns out that may not be the case according to Nicole Scott from netbooknews.com who claims to have it on good authority that the ASUS Padfone will not be running on a Qualcomm processor, but NVIDIA’s Tegra 3 quad-core processor instead.
She also seems to confirm earlier reports that the ASUS Padfone will be launching at MWC 2012, which means that there could also be a chance that we will be seeing the device make an appearance at CES 2012, which will be held early January. Given that the ASUS Transformer Prime is currently powered by NVIDIA’s Tegra 3 processor, we guess it’s not a complete stretch of the imagination that the hybrid Padfone could be powered by the Tegra 3 as well.
How well will this piece of news hold up? We can’t really say so it looks like we’ll have to wait for more details to surface or for CES/MWC 2012 before we know anything more, so for now we suggest taking this piece of news with a grain of salt.
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2012-01-12: Fujitsu shows off prototype Tegra 3 quad-core phone
- 2011-11-30: ASUS Transformer Prime gets official release date for 8th of December (Updated)
- 2011-11-22: ASUS Transformer Prime now up for pre-order
- 2011-10-19: ASUS Transformer teaser movie released
- 2011-06-23: ASUS to release 13" Android laptop with quad-core processor?