While the ASUS Transformer Prime is looking like it will be on track for a end of the year launch as far as US markets are concerned, it seems like our friends over in Italy will be seeing a delay. According to ASUS Italy’s Facebook page, the ASUS Transformer Prime for Italy will be seeing a delayed launched and will most likely be seeing a launch at the end of January 2012.
It’s not all bad news though. Assuming ASUS Italy manages to stay on track with their schedule, the Transformer Prime for Italy could be released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich preinstalled. See, not such bad news after all, right? With NVIDIA’s Tegra 3 quad-core processor powering the Transformer Prime, having it come preinstalled with Android 4.0 would be like icing on the cake.
We know that ASUS has plans to update the tablet to Android 4.0 but no specific dates were mentioned. However if the Italy version of the tablet will come preinstalled with Android 4.0 by the end of January 2012, perhaps the update for the rest of world should follow shortly before/after. In the meantime if you were trying to make up your mind about getting the ASUS Transformer Prime tablet, you might want to give our review of the tablet a read first to help make a better informed decision!
Next Story: RFID Beat Box makes music with RFID tags
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2012-10-03: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for the ASUS Transformer Prime now available for download via ASUS' website
- 2012-09-27: Asus Transformer Pad Prime (TF201) receives Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update, Transformer Pad Infinity update delayed
- 2012-06-14: ASUS Transformer Prime receives battery and performance boosting firmware update
- 2012-04-25: Asus Transformer Prime GPS dongles are here
- 2012-04-16: Asus External GPS Extension Kit for Transformer Prime announced