It wasn’t too long of a wait, but after last week’s launch of Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand on the PlayStation 3, the expansion pack is now available for folks who play Battlefield 3 on the Xbox 360 and PC. The first of many expansions to come, Back to Karkand features four favorite maps from Battlefield 2, recreated with the Frostbite 2 engine with enhanced levels of destruction.
In addition to new maps, Back to Karkand introduces 10 new weapons, three classic vehicles from Battlefield 2 – the STOVL fighter jet, Desert Buggy and APC, five new dog tags, and new assignments for unlocking the new weapons.
As previously mentioned, Battlefield 3 Limited Edition owners can download this expansion pack at no extra charge, but for those of you who didn’t get it you’ll need to purchase it separately for $14.99 from Origin or at the Xbox Live Marketplace for 1,200 Microsoft Points. It’s time to catch up with those PS3 players who have had a week’s head start to play the expansion.
- 2013-10-31: Battlefield 3 Player Uses Military Terms During Match For A Hilarious Experience
- 2013-06-27: Korean Movie Trailer Accused Of Being A Battlefield 3 Rip-off
- 2012-11-30: Battlefield 3 Aftermath Expansion PC Footage
- 2012-11-27: Battlefield 3 Patch Corrects Input Lag, Balances Weapons And Squashes Bugs
- 2012-09-04: Battlefield 3 Armored Kill patch released
- 2012-03-28: Battlefield 3 1.04 update crashes PS3
- 2012-02-06: EA to announce premium version of Battlelog for Battlefield 3?
- 2011-12-20: Battlefield 3: Physical Warfare pack now on PC and Xbox 360
- 2011-12-20: Battlefield 3 commercial created by FreddieW