If you’re interested on finding out more about RIM’s upcoming BBX phones next year, there are some reports floating around online about the company’s plans. The folks over at crackberry.com have posted some details about RIM’s 2012 BBX BlackBerry line up. Some new names have been mentioned including the previously heard “London”: “Lisbon”, “Milan”, “Nevada” and “Black Forest”.
The London (renamed Surfboard) is supposed to be the first BBX phone that will be announced next year. The Milan is rumored to be same phone as the London, but just headed to a different carrier (Milan for AT&T, and London for Verizon). The Lisbon doesn’t have anything mentioned about it besides its name, and the Nevada is said to be a full QWERTY device that runs on BBX. However, the phone is said to be only available in late 2012 – November.
Lastly, the Black Forest is said to be a 10″ version of the BlackBerry PlayBook except that it features different design cues i.e. sharp angles vs. rounded corners. If the BlackBerry London/Surfboard is any indication of RIM’s new direction for its BBX devices, I guess the Black Forest will be something similar. Nothing is official at the moment, so take this with a grain of salt. How many of you are looking forward to owning a BBX device?
- 2014-04-21 BlackBerry Classic Pegged For November Release
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry's CEO "Really Likes" The Idea Tablet
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry 10.3 Early Build Shown Off On Video
- 2014-04-16 BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15 BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2011-12-22 BlackBerry 10 rumors "inaccurate and uninformed"
- 2011-12-22 BlackBerry 10 rumored to be a disaster
- 2011-12-07 BlackBerry Milan render leaked?
- 2011-11-30 RIM's BBX smartphone to be renamed to the "Surfboard"
- 2011-11-16 2012 Blackberry devices will be "charming, whimsical and fun"