One of the drawbacks of running on Mac OS X is that you are limited to the amount of software and games that are available for Windows-based computers. Of course most of the major and popular software and games usually have a Mac version, and if you’re a fan of the BioShock franchise, the good news is that come January 2012, the game will be making its way over onto Macs!
Granted the game is two years old and has since seen a release on pretty much every platform – PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 – but hey, better late than never, right? Perhaps it might be their way of making it up to Mac users, or maybe just incentive for Mac users to get the game, but BioShock 2 for Mac will come with a separate multiplayer game called The Fall of Rapture, which is set prior to BioShock and where the player will play as a mutated test subject for plasmid manufacturer, Sinclair Solutions.
If you’d like to get your hands on the game, the system requires for Mac includes a 2.0GHz Intel Mac computer with at least 4GB of RAM, 256MB GPU memory and needs Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later. BioShock 2 for Mac is expected to go for £24.95 in the UK, €29.95 in Europe and $34.95 in the US and should be available from the Mac App Store an Feralinteractive.com.
- 2014-04-11 SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition Arrives For Mac
- 2013-07-31 MacBook Air Owner Rigs External GPU To His Computer Via Thunderbolt
- 2013-04-10 SimCity Headed To Mac On June 11; Will Be Free For PC Owners
- 2013-02-21 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Arriving On Mac 22nd February
- 2012-11-01 Lord of the Rings Online finally gets a Mac client