Britney Spears’ star power is definitely not what it was when she first broke onto the scene, having gone through a shotgun wedding, a couple of divorces, giving birth, and sharing that kiss with Madonna. Still, she is far more popular than your average Joe, being the first Google+ user to hit 1 million followers, at least according to SocialStatistics.com. This particular site is said to track over 87,000 Google+ profiles, and Britney’s train has not stopped at 1,085,950 followers as it is still growing even as we speak. On the other hand, she is following 4,776 Google+ users herself.
Right behind her would be Google co-founder and CEO Larry Page, who has 963,029 Google+ followers himself. It takes around 6 months for her to hit this figure ever since she hopped on to the Google+ bandwagon. Are you one of those who follows her? I wonder why Ashton Kutcher did not pick up that many followers in Google+ as compared to his Twitter record, perhaps he has more pressing issues at hand to attend to than bother about pseudo popularity contests.
Next Story: ultrasn0w 1.2.5 does more Houdinis
- 2012-11-01: Google+ Hangouts gets updated with sidebar feature and colorful notifications
- 2012-04-25: Google+ Revamped with a New Share Button
- 2012-02-29: Google Wallet and Google+ app updates for Android released
- 2012-02-24: Google Voice and Google+ Circles now integrated
- 2012-01-24: Google+ to support alternate names