As it turns out it looks like there is a new Command & Conquer game in the works after all. We had initially reported that EA had been going about registering Command & Conquer domain names that seemed to suggest a new game was about to be announced, and it turned out to be true. EA announced that a new Command & Conquer game was in the works under the Generals 2 name, suggesting a sequel to the original.
The story is set in the future where global peace is about to take place, but unfortunately a terrorist attack wipes out all the world’s leaders thus leaving the country’s generals in charge (hence the name?). There will be both single and multiplayer modes and according to EA, the game is set for a 2013 release, so fans of the Command & Conquer series will be in for a wait. In the meantime fans can check out the teaser below to get a taste of what’s to come.
Next Story: AMD looking to enter ultrathin market Q1 2012
- 2014-04-11: EA Looking To Transition Older Battlefield Titles From GameSpy's Servers
- 2014-04-03: Battlefield 4: Naval Strike Will See General Release On 15 April
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke
- 2014-03-30: EA Origin Service To Go 100% Digital From April Onwards
- 2014-03-19: EA Reportedly Secures Publishing Rights For Titanfall 2 [Rumor]
- 2011-12-05: EA registers domain names that points to new Command and Conquer game
- 2011-11-30: Dead Space could be made into a first person shooter (Rumor)
- 2011-02-10: EA Games to launch with BlackBerry PlayBook
- 2010-09-15: My Garden for Nintendo 3DS looks stunning