It looks like Dell has called it quits on yet another Android product, this time in the form of the Dell Streak 7. It was “confirmed” today via Dell’s website which states that the “Streak 7 is no longer available online”, which seems to suggest that if you plan on getting your hands on the device, you might want to check online retailers or brick and mortar stores.
In a statement issued by Dell, they referred to the Streak 7 in past tense which seems to confirm that the Android tablet will no longer be offered as far as the US market is concerned, and even talked about the Streak 10 tablet which is only available in China. Given that Dell has axed the Streak 5 back in August, and now with the discontinuation of the Streak 7 (which is barely a year old), this pretty much ends Dell’s attempt at an Android tablet in the US market.
Now the good news is that for fans of Dell products, the company has not given up entirely and are banking on Windows 8 as being the next tablet platform, although that means we will only be seeing Dell Windows 8 tablets mid-late 2012.RELATED
- On Device: WhatsApp Overtakes Facebook, Is Leading Mobile Messaging Service Now
- PingPong: Simple, Interactive, Free Q&A App For Teachers
- Google Not Planning On Restocking Nexus 10 If It Sells Out
- Amazon's New Ad Pokes Fun At The iPad Air
- Nexus 10 2013 Release Expected On Cyber Monday
- Follow: Android, Dell, discontinued, streak 7,
- Seen at: electronista