While Dell appears to have exited the US market for Android smartphones, their plans to enter China’s market by adopting Baidu’s Yi smartphone platform (essentially a modified version of Android) is no secret, and thanks to some leaked photos, we now know what Dell’s first Baidu Yi smartphone will look like.
If you’re wondering why the phone looks familiar, it’s because it appears to be the same Dell Streak Pro 101DL that will be headed for Softbank, a carrier in Japan. Assuming the specs here match the model that will be headed to Softbank with the exception of a different operating system, we would be looking at a 4.3” AMOLED 960×540 display, a 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm MSN8260 processor, 8GB of internal storage with a microSD card slot for memory expansion.
According to the reports, the Dell Streak Pro 101DL for China is expected to see a possible launch tomorrow and will be priced at 3,000 Yuan (~$475).RELATED
- MiniShock Are Detailed DualShock 2 Controller Smartphone Straps
- HTC Offering HTC One For $25 Monthly
- Twitter Has New Targeted Advertising Which Learns From Your Browsing History
- Verizon 4G LTE Network Connectivity Improved In Selected Areas
- Android 4.4.1 Update For Nexus 4 And Nexus 7 Now Available
- Follow: baidu, china, Dell,
- Seen at: engadget