If you use the Dijit Universal Remote app on your iPhone/iPod touch and wished that there would be a dedicated version for the iPad, you’re in luck. The folks behind the app have announced that the iPad version is on its way and they have decided to give an in-depth sneak preview of the upcoming app that’s slated to be submitted to the Apple App Store in a few days. In case you aren’t familiar with Dijit, the app turns your iOS device into a universal remote when it’s paired with Griffin Technology’s Beacon.
Dijit for the iPad will take advantage of the larger screen real estate to provide you a better experience with the app and the Griffin Beacon. The app won’t require you to “find” anything and will place all the functions you need within reach of your fingertips all the time. Buttons and commonly used features are positioned in places where your thumbs will naturally line up when holding the iPad, and empty space will be used to visually explain the more “difficult” features. No word on when we’ll be seeing the Dijit iPad app on the Apple App Store, but in the meantime you can check out the source link for tons of screenshots.
- 2014-04-18: Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2013-05-24: Verizon Cloud Offers 500MB Of Free Storage To iOS, Some Android Devices
- 2013-05-10: Zynga's Endless Runner 'Running With Friends' Now Available On iOS
- 2013-03-08: Google Field Trip Helps iOS Users Learn More About Their World
- 2013-02-28: YouTube For iOS Gets Send To TV Feature With Xbox 360, PS3, Smart TV Support
- 2012-11-14: Dijit NextGuide Update