One of the drawbacks to the iPhone is that unlike the iPod classic, by default you will not be able to use it as a mass storage device, meaning that if you did not happen to bring your external hard drive or a USB flash drive with you and you needed to copy over some files, you’d be out of luck, but that’s where ego&company steps in with their “ego USB Case” for the iPhone 4/4S.
As pictured above and if you haven’t already figured it out, the ego USB Case is your typical iPhone 4/4S casing with the exception of a USB flash drive slotted into the back, allowing for users to transfer files without the need for bringing along an additional gadget (i.e. external hard drive or USB flash drive since it’s already attached to the casing).
Granted probably not the most high-tech of casings, but for those who constantly need to transfer files occasionally or who may want the convenience. It appears that the USB drives will be available in a variety of colors and sizes, ranging from 2GB-32GB, but unfortunately pricing nor availability has been announced yet. [Product page]
- 2014-04-03: Captain America Saves Your Data, Too
- 2014-04-02: USB Type-C Cable Render Spotted
- 2014-03-28: The iMacompanion Adds A USB Port To The Front Of iMacs
- 2014-03-13: dataSTICKIES Concept USB Flash Drive
- 2014-03-10: Aleratec Cruiser Mini Portable Makes Short Work Of USB Flash Drive Duplication
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-06-06: iPhone Trade-In Program At Apple Stores May Begin This Month
- 2013-05-24: iPhone Repair Costs Rising Due To More Expensive Components
- 2013-05-24: Best Buy Reducing iPhone Price By $50 Starting On May 26
- 2013-02-07: FullForce Jailbreak Tweak Stretches Out iPhone 4/4S Apps For The iPhone 5