Facebook for Android might be a relative latecomer to the game compared to Facebook for Apple, but just like the proverbial tortoise and the hare, the Android version of Facebook has already overtaken the iOS-powered counterpart in the popularity stakes, where AppData’s documentation on Facebook for Android’s daily users has hit 58.8 million daily active users compared to a figure of 57.6 million users on Facebook for iPhone. Bear in mind that we are talking about the official mobile apps conjured by Facebook, and not third-party ones.
After all, this being a free app, and with over 800 million Facebook users worldwide, it makes sense for Facebook for Android to be extremely popular. Are you one of those rocking to Facebook for Android, that you hardly see the need to access your social network over the desktop any more? When it comes to a monthly active user basis, Facebook for iPhone still has the lead, touting 99.5 million users compared to 86.1 million for Facebook for Android.
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2014-04-09: Facebook To Remove In-App Messaging, Forces Users To Download Messenger App
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-04-08: Mom Checks Son's Facebook, Saves Him From Getting Shot