While the PlayBook isn’t one of the most popular tablets around, it’s good to see that RIM and Facebook haven’t given up on providing support for the tablet. RIM announced today the launch of a new version of the Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook app. The update brings the app up to version 2.1 and includes one of the most requested features: Facebook Groups. This means that PlayBook users will now be able to participate in their group discussions using the native app on the tablet.
With the Facebook Groups features, users can share content with friends, view groups, send messages, check out members, view notifications and more. Other updates to the Facebook app include improved media access: it is now easier to view friend’s photos and videos from their profiles, and photo and video uploading capabilities are now more apparent on the Photo tab and are accessible from your Profile or through the Photos feature on the navigation grid.
Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook version 2.1 is available now today from the BlackBerry App World.RELATED
- Apple Reportedly Testing 2K And 4K Displays For 12.9 Inch iPad
- Woman's New iPad From Target Came With Past Owner's Personal Information
- CyanogenMod 10.2 Android 4.3 Stable Builds Released
- iOS Leads Android In Cyber Monday Online Shopping
- Bing For Android Gets A Facelift
- Follow: app, blackberry, blackberry playbook, Facebook, playbook, qnx, RIM, Tablet, update,
- Seen at: blogs.blackberry