While the PlayBook isn’t one of the most popular tablets around, it’s good to see that RIM and Facebook haven’t given up on providing support for the tablet. RIM announced today the launch of a new version of the Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook app. The update brings the app up to version 2.1 and includes one of the most requested features: Facebook Groups. This means that PlayBook users will now be able to participate in their group discussions using the native app on the tablet.
With the Facebook Groups features, users can share content with friends, view groups, send messages, check out members, view notifications and more. Other updates to the Facebook app include improved media access: it is now easier to view friend’s photos and videos from their profiles, and photo and video uploading capabilities are now more apparent on the Photo tab and are accessible from your Profile or through the Photos feature on the navigation grid.
Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook version 2.1 is available now today from the BlackBerry App World.
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2011-12-21: Angry Birds arrives on the BlackBerry PlayBook (finally)
- 2011-12-21: RIM now accepting Android app submissions from aggregator developers
- 2011-12-13: Rooted BlackBerry PlayBook allows USB host support
- 2011-11-23: BlackBerry PlayBook native email, calendar and contacts app spotted
- 2011-05-02: Facebook app for BlackBerry PlayBook announced