If you happen to own a Sony Ericsson Xperia Play handset and if you enjoy soccer games, both EA and Sony Ericsson have announced today that FIFA 12 will be available as an exclusive game title for the Xperia Play handset. The game is expected to roll out to other Sony Ericsson Xperia phones at a later date, but Xperia Play owners will get to enjoy the game first and for free on top of that.
Fans of the series can expect some of the console features to make their way onto the mobile version of FIFA. This will include a full compliment of teams, the choice of real-world stadiums to play in along with “authentic commentaries”. The good news is that this exclusivity will begin for the Xperia Play first, and roll out to other Xperia phones until February of 2012, after which it will be available for download in the Android Market.
Next Story: Dream Robo scales ladders in a jiffy
- 2014-03-26: Sony Xperia M Gets Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2014-02-23: Sony Xperia M2 Mid-Range Smartphone
- 2014-02-23: Sony XPERIA Z2 Smartphone
- 2014-01-21: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Hits The FCC, Arrives As Wi-Fi Only “Tablet”
- 2014-01-19: Sony Xperia Z2 Purported Pictures Leak Online
- 2011-08-26: Xperia Play has more Triple-A titles on the way
- 2011-08-10: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play PlayStation One emulator reverse engineered to play custom ISOs
- 2011-06-27: Xperia Play Review
- 2011-06-07: Sony Ericsson introduces the Xperia Play Experience Pack
- 2011-03-11: Tegra 2 phones confirmed to support the Sony PlayStation Suite