Square Enix’s Final Fantasy XIV started off with good intentions, amazing graphics and what appeared to be rather promising gameplay. Unfortunately after it was launched it was met with bug, after bug, after bug, that the company decided that in order to retain their player base, they would offer free subscriptions. It was never meant to be a permanent solution and it looks like if you have been enjoying FF14 for free all this while, come January 2012 that will change.
It seems that come January, for those who wish to continue their adventures in FF14 or for those looking to begin their adventures, a 30-day membership will be imposed at $10 a month. This is already discounted considering that Square Enix originally charged $13 a month for membership. Given how other MMOs such as World of Warcraft are currently charging their players $14.99 a month, $10 seems to be a pretty reasonable rate, although how well the game plays is up for interpretation.
If you want to check out a more detailed breakdown of the subscription fee structure and billing options, head on down here for the details. Let’s hope that the return to a subscription-based model could indicate that Square Enix has managed to sort out most of the major bugs and made the game a bit more playable.
- 2013-11-07 Final Fantasy 14: Libra Eorzea Now Available For Android Devices
- 2013-09-10 Final Fantasy 14 Companion App Launches On iOS; Android Coming Soon
- 2013-05-24 Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Releases 27th August 2013
- 2013-04-01 Playboy Releases iPhone App Filled With Clothed Women, Articles
- 2013-02-26 PS4 May Offer Multiple PlayStation Network Subscription Levels
- 2013-02-04 Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Sign-ups Announced
- 2013-01-07 Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn EU Beta Sign Up Page Now Live
- 2011-10-07 UFC on Xbox Live launching 1st December
- 2011-09-07 Adobe announces Carousel, cloud-based photo editing/sharing service