So Mozilla’s Firefox 9 was unofficially released a day earlier, and for fans of Firefox and just can’t get enough of it on their computers, the good news is that Firefox 9 has also been released for Android for both smartphones and tablets.
For those who have been using Firefox on their Android smartphones all this while, you may or may not notice any changes aesthetically, although based on what Mozilla has advertised, you should noticed speedier start-up speeds. Tablet users on the other hand, if you have been avoiding Firefox all this while or have yet to give it a go, perhaps now’s as good a time as any to load it up on your tablets.
Firefox 9 for Android tables has seen a UI update and now sports a tablet-friendly interface that some may find better than their default Android browser. This includes full-screen portrait browsing, tab optimization and it sports a new action bar with quick access buttons. For more information on the latest Firefox build for Android, the release notes can be found at Mozilla’s website while the update can be downloaded from the Android Market.
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2014-02-05: Mozilla's Firefox Launcher For Android Revealed
- 2012-06-22: Mozilla says something big is coming to Firefox for Android next week
- 2012-03-20: Firefox Alpha released for ARMv6 Android devices
- 2011-11-23: Firefox for Android nightly builds available today
- 2011-08-30: Mozilla working on a tablet version of Firefox