If you’re looking for a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, they’re actually sitting in the store rooms of quite a number of Verizon and RadioShack outlets at this very moment. Unfortunately, this doesn’t mean you’ll be able to take one home. It’s been reported that boxes of the highly coveted Android device have started arriving at Verizon and RadioShack outlets, but employees have been explicitly instructed to not sell the devices until further instructions.
We still don’t know why Verizon hasn’t released the Galaxy Nexus yet – perhaps to boost the sales of their other devices? Is the phone too buggy to use right now? We can’t say for sure. But what we can say is those phones are just sitting in the back of those stores, waiting to be snapped up by eager customers. Let’s hope they make it on time for a Christmas release date at the very least. Stay tuned, we’ll keep you posted.
- 2013-12-05: Galaxy Nexus CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 KitKat Stable Unofficial ROM Released
- 2013-11-05: Petition Urges Google To Reconsider Android 4.4 For Galaxy Nexus
- 2013-11-03: Android 4.4 Verizon Galaxy Nexus Custom ROM Released
- 2013-11-01: Galaxy Nexus Will Not Receive Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2013-10-31: Sprint Galaxy Nexus Android 4.3 Update Build GJ04 Released
- 2011-12-13: Verizon Galaxy Nexus with extended battery caught on video
- 2011-12-06: Verizon Galaxy Nexus confirmed for December 9th?
- 2011-12-05: Samsung Galaxy Nexus arriving very soon?
- 2011-12-05: Verizon Galaxy Nexus on display in New York City
- 2011-12-01: Verizon Galaxy Nexus press shots leaked