Samsung has previously confirmed that Ice Cream Sandwich will be arriving on its Galaxy Tab 8.9 tablets sometime in 2012. However it looks like the hardworking folks over at XDA-developers might just beat the Korean manufacturer to the punch: a group of developers have managed to successfully port Android 4.0.3 over to the 8.9″ Galaxy Tab.
While the update is not ready for public consumption yet (the developers want to make sure that everything is functional before releasing it), they have released a video demonstration showing the tablet booting up with Ice Cream Sandwich. No word on when they will be finishing work on the ROM, but you can stay tuned to the XDA-developers thread to keep track of their progress.
- Facebook Introduces Windows 8.1 App Update With Slew Of New Features
- Gigaset Dives Into The Tablet Market
- Retina iPad Mini's Display Ranks A "Distant Third" Compared To Nexus 7 And Kindle Fire HDX
- Chuwi V88 Is An iPad Clone That Will Cost You $177
- Redbox Instant On iPhone Now Supports AirPlay Streaming
- Follow: Android, galaxy tab 8.9, ice cream sandwich, Samsung, Tablet, xda developers,
- Seen at: itweakit