Samsung has previously confirmed that Ice Cream Sandwich will be arriving on its Galaxy Tab 8.9 tablets sometime in 2012. However it looks like the hardworking folks over at XDA-developers might just beat the Korean manufacturer to the punch: a group of developers have managed to successfully port Android 4.0.3 over to the 8.9″ Galaxy Tab.
While the update is not ready for public consumption yet (the developers want to make sure that everything is functional before releasing it), they have released a video demonstration showing the tablet booting up with Ice Cream Sandwich. No word on when they will be finishing work on the ROM, but you can stay tuned to the XDA-developers thread to keep track of their progress.
Next Story: JingXing S7100: an Android tablet for gaming
- 2013-04-29: Android Design Head Praises Facebook Home's Attention To Design
- 2013-04-28: Google Glass CPU And RAM Specifications Revealed
- 2013-02-07: HTC Thunderbolt Ice Cream Sandwich Performance Issues
- 2013-02-05: HTC Thunderbolt Gets Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Update
- 2013-01-31: Verizon HTC Thunderbolt Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Update
- 2011-12-22: Samsung Galaxy S Ice Cream Sandwich ROM hits release candidate
- 2011-12-19: Motorola XOOM gets Ice Cream Sandwich unofficially
- 2011-09-26: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 and Galaxy Player 4.0 and 5.0 get release dates
- 2011-09-22: Galaxy Tab 8.9 unboxing caught on video
- 2011-04-04: Honeycomb now running on Galaxy Tab