Fans of durable notebooks rejoice – GammaTech has just announced the launch of its latest Durabook, the R13C. An upgraded version of the R13S, the rugged convertible notebook features Military Standard 810G certification for drop, shock, and spill protection, plus explosive atmosphere, salt, fog, and freeze/thaw standards – basically you’ll be hard-pressed to find a location where this notebook won’t work in. In addition to military standard certification, the Durabook R13C features an IP65 rating for dust and water protection of its enclosed portions, and a water-resistant backlit keyboard.
Security features include a fingerprint scanner, Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2, Smart Card reader, and a Kensington lock. The R13C is powered by an Intel Core Low Power i7-620M vPro Processor, 8GB of RAM, a shock-mounted 2.5″ SATA hard drive with quick removal feature, ultra slim super-multi DVD drive, RS-232 serial port, two USB ports, SIM card connector, SD card reader and more. No word on pricing, but you can find out more about the Durabook R13C at GammaTech’s website.
Next Story: Galaxy Nexus Available Tomorrow at Verizon
- 2014-01-05: HP G350 G1 Hits The CES 2014 Showfloor
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1
- 2013-12-05: MSI Announces Industry’s First 3K Gaming Notebook
- 2013-03-29: VIZIO Prices New Line Of Laptops, Desktops
- 2013-03-08: Fujitsu LIFEBOOK E-Series Launched at CeBIT 2013
- 2012-05-31: Dell Latitude E6430 ATG
- 2011-09-13: GammaTech S15C2 is another rugged notebook
- 2011-08-10: Panasonic ToughBook S10 Announced
- 2011-05-10: Panasonic Toughbook 53 announced
- 2010-12-15: GammaTech D12C convertible notebook is one tough cookie