It seems that there have been earlier rumors that suggested that Verizon will not be including the Google Wallet feature on the upcoming Galaxy Nexus. At that time it was merely a rumor, albeit one that made a lot of sense, but for those hoping against everything that maybe, just maybe that the rumors could be wrong, here’s some bad news for you. Google themselves have confirmed that the Galaxy Nexus will not be getting the Google Wallet feature.
It seems that Verizon has requested Google not to include the Google Wallet feature in the phone, and for those who are curious why, it’s because Google Wallet’s mobile payment services would be a direct competition to the ISIS mobile payment system that AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon are all part of. For those wondering exactly how much influence Verizon will have on the Galaxy Nexus, you can rest assured that this is still a pure Google phone.
This means that apart from a handful of bloatware apps that Verizon has deemed appropriate to install on your brand new Galaxy Nexus, you will still receive your Android OS updates directly from Google themselves. We’re guessing unless NFC payment methods is a feature that will make or break your decision to purchase the phone, the absence of Google Wallet shouldn’t really be that huge of an impact.RELATED
- Oppo Find 7 Could Feature 5.7" 2K Display With Snapdragon 805 Chipset [Rumor]
- Windows Phone Grows By An Additional 0.2% In The US
- Report Claims Touch ID's Accuracy Degrades Over Time
- "Apple Picking" Is A New Smartphone Theft Technique You Need To Be Aware Of
- Lightstrap Turns Your iPhone Into A Flash Ring
- Follow: Android, Galaxy Nexus, Google, google wallet, mobile payment, NFC, Samsung, Verizon,
- Seen at: m.androidcentral