iOS users have typically been behind Google app updates and features, although we can’t say we’re surprised that Google may want to give the latest features to Android users first. However the good news for iPhone owners is that if the Google Voice application has been updated and is now bringing iPhone owners the same features that Android users have been enjoying for a while now.
The update should bring your Google Voice application to version 220.127.116.112 which includes multi-recipient texting with contact autocomplete, a multi-line text entry field, 1-touch copy and paste in the dialer and this is a big one – Sprint integration support. Considering how the iPhone 4S is the carrier’s first iPhone, Google Voice integration that’s exclusive to the carrier is a pretty big deal.
What this translates to is that for those who love or prefer using Google Voice to make calls is that you will now be presented with the option to “sends all calls to the native dialer when the phone is integrated with Sprint”. The update is free for download from Apple’s iTunes App Store, and for those who have yet to realize this, Google Voice’s services is still unfortunately limited to just the US.RELATED
- Report Claims Touch ID's Accuracy Degrades Over Time
- "Apple Picking" Is A New Smartphone Theft Technique You Need To Be Aware Of
- Lightstrap Turns Your iPhone Into A Flash Ring
- Typo Keyboard Is An Upcoming Keyboard Case For The iPhone
- Apple Signs iPhone Deal With China Mobile
- Follow: google voice, iPhone, Sprint,
- Seen at: thenextweb