Due to Verizon’s partnership with ISIS (together with AT&T and T-Mobile), we have to admit that we can’t say we were surprised to find out that Google Wallet would not be making its way onto the Galaxy Nexus. Verizon claims it’s because of Google Wallet’s security which is why the feature was not available on the Galaxy nexus, while other claim it’s a case of ISIS vs Google Wallet. Either way the good news is that a method for installing Google Wallet on the Galaxy Nexus has been discovered.
In order to install Google Wallet on your Galaxy Nexus, you would need to have it rooted. Combine that with a ROM manager app and additional files, you should be able to get Google Wallet up and running on your Galaxy Nexus with the bonus $10 credit to boot! We can’t really comment on how legal this is or how annoyed Verizon might be, but for those interested in getting Google Wallet on your Galaxy Nexus, head on down to the Android Market for the ROM Manager app and Dustin Evans’ Twitter for the Google Wallet ROM download. Proceed with caution at your own risk!
- 2013-12-05 Galaxy Nexus CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 KitKat Stable Unofficial ROM Released
- 2013-11-05 Petition Urges Google To Reconsider Android 4.4 For Galaxy Nexus
- 2013-11-03 Android 4.4 Verizon Galaxy Nexus Custom ROM Released
- 2013-11-01 Galaxy Nexus Will Not Receive Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2013-10-31 Sprint Galaxy Nexus Android 4.3 Update Build GJ04 Released
- 2013-03-19 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update Announced For Verizon Galaxy Nexus
- 2013-03-05 Verizon Galaxy Nexus Finally Receives Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-02-28 Verizon Galaxy Nexus In Line For Update
- 2011-12-06 Google confirms no Google Wallet for Galaxy Nexus