Fans of the Guild Wars franchise, if you have been accepted in the Guild Wars 2 closed beta, the good news is that you will be able to start playing the game starting this Friday which we think looks like a great way to start the weekend. This information is based off a Reddit thread by the ArenaNet team.
“We will officially enter Closed Beta Testing this Friday. It will be marked with an increase in our pool of testers. To clarify, this phase of testing is still under NDA and is not open to the public.
Based on the feedback we get from our current Closed Beta Testing, we will determine the next phases of our beta program in which we will open beta access to more people.”
The developer also officially revealed the eighth and final profession to the game, the Mesmer which we reported on a few days ago. The new profession will gain access to abilities such as Illusions used to distract the enemy, Shattering which destroys the illusions to deal additional damage, and Mantras that charges an ability so that it can be instant-casted while charging up other spells.
For those who might have yet to watch the Mesmer gameplay video, check out the video below to catch the new Mesmer profession in action.
Next Story: Sony Ericsson 50GB Box cloud promo now live
- 2013-08-23: Guild Wars 2 Heroic Edition Announced
- 2013-07-01: ArenaNet Opens Guild Wars 2 APIs To Developers
- 2013-06-27: ArenaNet To Release Guild Wars 2 Updates Every Two Weeks Now
- 2013-05-14: Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pack Currently Underway According To NCsoft
- 2013-01-29: Guild Wars 2 Content Update Arrives
- 2012-11-28: ArenaNet introduces character makeover options for Guild Wars 2
- 2011-12-13: Guild Wars 2: Mesmer profession confirmed by ArenaNet