It’s been reported that Verizon has started pushing out a new update for the HTC DROID Incredible 2 today. A new document detailing the changes popped up on Verizon’s website, detailing the update as version 5.10.605.9. While it’s not the same update as the one that the HTC Incredible S received last week, it does contain some pretty important improvements to the phone. The update includes security features such as the Google BT/DigiNoTar security patch, the Google security patch for upgrading libpng to 1.2.46 and a WiFi password security patch.
Other features include: support for local video playback in airplane mode, 5 bar received signal strength indicator (RSSI) support, improvements to the clock and alarm features, the “disable while roaming” selection will work accurately when roaming in Canada, and the update sync & connect configuration now enables push email sync during off-peak hours.
Head over to Menu > settings > System Updates > Check new to pull the update off the air or head here for more info (PDF). Backup your device as usual, and let us know how the update goes for you.
Next Story: Apple iAd to be more appealing to advertisers
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2011-10-17: HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread update returning soon
- 2011-09-30: HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread update suspended temporarily
- 2011-08-31: HTC Thunderbolt and Droid Incredible to receive Gingerbread in September? (updated)
- 2011-08-17: New Android Gingerbread update for Thunderbolt leaked
- 2011-08-15: HTC Droid Incredible to get Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread tomorrow?