Huawei has definitely been stepping up its game when it comes to Android devices. This year they managed to release an impressive mid-level phone: the Huawei Honor and it even recently pushed out a “demo” version of Ice Cream Sandwich for the phone. However, not everything it’s been doing is great so far – i.e. the Gingerbread update for the Ideos X5. Promised to arrive back in November, the update has finally made its way over to the handset, a few days before the year ends.
Since Gingerbread is over a year old, let’s hope it doesn’t face the same delay when it comes to receiving Ice Cream Sandwich – assuming Huawei releases it for the phone. The update is only available for the original Ideos X5 at the moment – owners of the rebadged version (Titan in the UK) will probably have to wait awhile longer. Head over to Huawei’s website to get your hands on the Ideos X5 Gingerbread update.
- 2014-04-23 Huawei Targets $300M Spend In Global Marketing For 2014
- 2014-04-17 Chinese Manufacturers Gear Up To Rain On OnePlus' Parade
- 2014-04-14 Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-03 Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02 Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-03-19 Huawei Dual Boot Windows Phone And Android Device Scrapped
- 2014-03-13 Huawei To Introduce Dual Boot Windows Phone And Android Device
- 2014-02-02 Huawei Tablet To Take On Nexus 7
- 2014-01-09 Huawei Debuts Tron Android-Powered Gaming Console
- 2011-05-27 Huawei Vision to join the premium Android smartphone market