The iPad 2 was announced in March this year, and according to Digitimes, it looks like the iPad 3 is well on its way to arrive around the same time come 2012. This is good news for those who might have held out for the iPad 3 hoping for a better display over the iPad 2, but then again these are just rumors so take them with a grain of salt.
According to the report, Digitimes is claiming that Apple’s manufacturing partners have already begun delivering parts and components for the iPad 3 to OEM contractors (i.e. Foxconn). The report also suggests that Apple could be winding down production of the iPad 2 in preparation for a full scale production of the iPad 3.
No one really knows what to expect from the iPad 3 besides rumors and speculation, such as rumored a Retina Display-like screen and possibly Apple’s new A6 processor. Apple has typically released new products and refreshes like clockwork save for the iPhone 4S which saw a delay of 16 months, so assuming everything is on track, it makes sense that the iPad 3 could be seeing a launch some time in Q1 of 2012 at the very least.
Next Story: Kindle Touch jailbreak
- 2013-04-23 Refurbished iPad 2 And iPad 3 Prices Slashed By Apple
- 2012-11-05 iPad mini, Nexus 7 and iPad 3 face-off in drop test and water dunk video
- 2012-10-30 The New iPad 3 Is Way Faster Than The Old iPad 3
- 2012-10-22 Don't buy an iPad 3 today unless you like the old 30-pin connector
- 2012-03-19 iPad 3 Review
- 2012-03-06 AT&T and Verizon teases something “Exciting” On website
- 2012-03-06 iPad 3 to change 4G game?
- 2012-02-29 Rumor: 8GB iPad 2 to launch
- 2012-02-28 iPad 3 concept video from Aatma Studio
- 2012-02-28 iPad 3 might be more expensive than the iPad 2