The iPad 2 was announced in March this year, and according to Digitimes, it looks like the iPad 3 is well on its way to arrive around the same time come 2012. This is good news for those who might have held out for the iPad 3 hoping for a better display over the iPad 2, but then again these are just rumors so take them with a grain of salt.
According to the report, Digitimes is claiming that Apple’s manufacturing partners have already begun delivering parts and components for the iPad 3 to OEM contractors (i.e. Foxconn). The report also suggests that Apple could be winding down production of the iPad 2 in preparation for a full scale production of the iPad 3.
No one really knows what to expect from the iPad 3 besides rumors and speculation, such as rumored a Retina Display-like screen and possibly Apple’s new A6 processor. Apple has typically released new products and refreshes like clockwork save for the iPhone 4S which saw a delay of 16 months, so assuming everything is on track, it makes sense that the iPad 3 could be seeing a launch some time in Q1 of 2012 at the very least.RELATED
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]
- 12.9-Inch iPad To Arrive Early Next Year, Says First Tier Display Supplier
- Apple Reportedly Buys Kinect-Tech Creator PrimeSense For $345 Million
- Apple Reportedly Turns To Samsung For iPad Mini Retina Display Production
- New iPad Mini Shortages Could Be Attributed To Sharp's Low Yield Of Displays [Rumor]
- Follow: Apple Inc, digitimes, ipad 3,
- Seen at: appleinsider